How to Clean Sterling Silver Jewelry
Sterling silver jewelry has been around for many years and people love wearing them. The material is so versatile and amazing looking, that is why it is easy to say that it is one of the most popular materials for jewelry pieces. There are different designs of jewelry items made from sterling silver that include; necklaces, bracelets, rings, earrings and anklets. The only reason why a piece of jewelry made from silver might be ignored is because of tarnish. Over a passage of time when silver comes in contact with oxygen and sulfur, the color starts to fade. Getting jewelry cleaned professionally can be expensive but now you can remove tarnish from jewelry easily at home. iShopza offers their buyers with a huge collection of sterling silver jewelry at affordable prices. Here are few tricks that will help you make your favorite piece of silver jewelry shine bright again;
1. White vinegar and baking soda work well as tarnish removers and these are very commonly used household products. Make a solution from half cup of white vinegar mixed with two tablespoons of baking soda. Mix well to create a liquid solution, soak the tarnish piece for two to three hours and then rinse and dry.
2. Lemon juice and olive oil make good silver jewelry cleaners because these have antioxidant qualities. Mix half cup of lemon juice with one teaspoon of olive oil in a bowl. Use a microfiber cloth and dip into the solution and start polishing the silver jewelry piece. Rinse the piece and dry, you will get to see the tarnish disappear within minutes.
3. Some tricks for jewelry cleaning might sound weird but they actually work. When silver is tarnish, you can use ketchup to get rid of it. Squirt out a small amount of ketchup on a paper towel and gently rub over the tarnish areas. You will get to see the tarnish disappearing within minutes. If you want your silver to be more shiner then let the ketchup sit for 15 or 20 minutes. Rub with a cloth and rinse clean.
4. A very popular method for removing tarnish is making your own chemical solution. All you need is baking soda, aluminum foil and salt. Line a glass roasting pan or sink with aluminum foil. Place the silver pieces on top of the foil and pour boiling water till they are covered. Add two tablespoons of baking soda and salt. Stir the solution till both the baking soda and salt dissolves. The reaction of hot water with other materials causes the tarnish to transfer on the foil paper. Remove the jewelry pieces and dry them, the end result is silver that is brighter than ever.
5. To make your silverware bright and sparkly, you can even use laundry detergent. Line a bowl with foil and fill it with hot water. Mix one tablespoon of laundry detergent powder and soak your silver jewelry pieces for a minute. Take the pieces out using a glove or tongs and let them air-dry. The tarnish will be gone in a minute and the jewelry pieces will be shiny again.